I have written about Dog Star Daily before, and no doubt I will do it again. It is my favorite dog training website, so I thought it was worth another shout out. Today I am going to tell you about the podcasts. These are mp3 files which you can listen to on your computer or download and put on your iPod or similar device. Then you can learn more about dog training — and be entertained — while you go out walking with your dog!
Dr. Ian Dunbar is a veterinarian and one of the main people to get the positive dog training movement started.( I’ve written more about Ian Dunbar here.) A few years ago, he and his wife, dog trainer Kelly Dunbar, started Dog Star Daily as a place to be a major information resource for dog training. Great reading.
Today I took a good look at the many free dog training podcasts on the site. I was on the page where they are all listed: http://www.dogstardaily.com/radio so I copied over some of the titles you can find on that page.
- 1.13 – Animal Behavior in the Home
- 1.12 – Fun & Games
- 1.11 – Choosing and Adopting an Adult Dog
- 1.10 – Dog Fears and Quarrels
- 1.09 – Pulling On-leash
- 1.08 – Hyperdog!
- 1.07 – Come Here!
- 1.06 – Socialization for Dogs and Their Owners
- 1.05 – Home Alone!
- 1.04 – Errorless Housetraining and Chewtoy Training
- 1.03 – Problem? What Problem
- 1.02 – Happy Birthday Puppy Training!
- 1.01 – Pet Dog Training