“Social Networking” is a relatively new, and ever-more-important aspect of the internet. Sites like Facebook, MySpace, LinkedIn, and many more create ways that we can connect with others who share our interests.
And the dogs have their own social networking site. I can tell it’s for them because most of the posts are written by the dogs, referring to their owners usually as Mom!
It’s Dogster. Free to join, full of things to do… Lola and LarryDog have joined, but I admit we don’t get there as much as they would like, since their messages have to be channeled through me… now if they could type, it would be different!
I really like the way Dogster has defined what it is and isn’t.
- It IS a place to have fun with other dogs and their owners, a place to have good discussions in the forums and to post favorite photos of your dogs.
- It ISN’T a place to promote dogs for sale, breeding services, or other things for sale.
- It ISN’T a place to discuss non-dog matters such as politics and religion.
- It ISN’T a place to post other people’s videos (like from Youtube) or photos… all content must be yours.
- It ISN’T a place for cats, except as they relate to dogs, but there is a Catster.
Come join us there… and be sure to click to make Lola one of your Pup Pals! (LarryDog doesn’t get online nearly as much as Lola.)
[tags]dogster, dog social networking[/tags]